Wednesday 30 March 2011

Why have I choosen this as my intervention?

 I was stuck for a while on what I could base my intervention on... I had a think around at a few ideas such as remodeling facebook to change all my friends pictures into portraits of the personality and traits, other ideas i had was remaking brand advertising online and changing the message it gave acrossed. There are similar examples of people remodelling Billboards "graffiting them" to make them say something else or to send another message acrossed to what the intented one was already. But I choose to stick with Remixing, its something that has inspired me alot since being at Uni... instead of defacing peoples work i thought why not update them with a new meaning rather than just changing the message shown on them. With my fasination of the archive of old films found at archive.org on the net. I get me thousands of clips i could work with a remix into my own work with my own personal touches and editting.



 Reasons for Choosing this Film

"The difference between society and culture, the acting... mixing old with the new. upgraded , remixed"
So for mt intervention I have decided to remix the Wizard of Oz from 1910 from archive.org. Its so abstract and strange I love it. So my plan is to keep its abstract strangness but update it into a more modern for of out there kinda art. Looking around to day i had to ask myself of things people would find strange looking back at us from the future.


- Music Tastes
-Way we Live
-Money?
-Cars?
Our Arts and Lifestyles?


Thinking on this, Music is the most likely to be around in the future out of my list. The others fall into catergories that while no doubt change as time does. But I personally feel music while last with us till we are gone in the distant future. Music is something that has always been around and most likely always will. The only things that change in music is the genres, they get updated or they development into something comepletely new with the introduction of new instruments. 20-10 years ago Dubstep was something not many people could imagine I'd like to guess but if you showed it to someone from that time period, they'd find it pretty abstract I think. So for my intervention i thought why not mix the old with the new. Make a remix using and old film and mixing it with a new form of music and see what kinda of result is shown. Looking around on the internet there are alot of dub remix of films and internet clips but i have not found many on old archive films. So this is an ideal chance to make a go of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment