Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Creation

To create my piece I used the program im fimilar with "Adobe Premiere Pro CS4", it allowed me to import the clip from archive.org and overlay a fairly new Dub beat on top called "Bass Cannon by Flux Pavilion". I had to adapt the video footage to match the tempo and beat of the Beat. This involved cutting the video into piece and remapping it through the music so each animation would be in time the ryhthm of the tune. Throughout this song there is alot of clap loops which allowed me to get the scarecrow to clap to the beat. Using that as a base through my mix. I could then import other parts and tell the story of the wizard of us between the gaps of the clapping to turn the whole story in a complete direction. Rather than being a theatre based play. it was now more a musical skanking along to Dub by Flux Pavilion.

Here are the processes I used to create my Intervention.



As you can see, I have really cut the film up into snippets then pasted them back together in a sequence to compliment the music. Persoally I think give a great result.


A small rendered version of my Video - I hope to get it up on Youtube and produce alot more.

Each Video telling a story through a music medium/genre. I only choose Dub for this particular one becuase i wanted to incorprate the new with the old and keep it pretty abstract but yet retain its meaning and story telling side.

No comments:

Post a Comment